After last week’s tumult on ABC‘s lady chat show The View, the network’s parent co. Disney is changing the conversation – to comic books. Disney-owned Marvel teased today that they’ll announce “an all-new thundering title” Tuesday morning on The View, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg and the departing Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy. Marvel-watchers are speculating that the “explosive” project could be a new Thor spin-off film or TV show, female-driven given The View‘s XX chromosome-laden audience – actress Jaimie Alexander crossed over from the big screen to Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. earlier this season on the ABC show – but a source tells Deadline it may not be a film or TV “title” at all. Tune in with the fanboys tomorrow at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET for the big reveal.
Marvel Teams Up With ‘The View’ For “Thundering” Promo Synergy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings