After last week’s tumult on ABC‘s lady chat show The View, the network’s parent co. Disney is changing the conversation – to comic books. Disney-owned Marvel teased today that they’ll announce “an all-new thundering title” Tuesday morning on The View, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg and the departing Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy. Marvel-watchers are speculating that the “explosive” project could be a new Thor spin-off film or TV show, female-driven given The View‘s XX chromosome-laden audience – actress Jaimie Alexander crossed over from the big screen to Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. earlier this season on the ABC show – but a source tells Deadline it may not be a film or TV “title” at all. Tune in with the fanboys tomorrow at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET for the big reveal.
Marvel Teams Up With ‘The View’ For “Thundering” Promo Synergy
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood