After last week’s tumult on ABC‘s lady chat show The View, the network’s parent co. Disney is changing the conversation – to comic books. Disney-owned Marvel teased today that they’ll announce “an all-new thundering title” Tuesday morning on The View, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg and the departing Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy. Marvel-watchers are speculating that the “explosive” project could be a new Thor spin-off film or TV show, female-driven given The View‘s XX chromosome-laden audience – actress Jaimie Alexander crossed over from the big screen to Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. earlier this season on the ABC show – but a source tells Deadline it may not be a film or TV “title” at all. Tune in with the fanboys tomorrow at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET for the big reveal.
Marvel Teams Up With ‘The View’ For “Thundering” Promo Synergy
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Bruce Brown Dies: Surf Movie Pioneer Who Sought The Perfect Wave For ‘Endless Summer’ Was 80
- Ian Chen & Jovan Armand Join ‘Shazam!’, Brian 'Astro' Bradley Jr. Cast In ‘Luce’
- Justin Chon, Filmmaker Behind ‘Gook’ At Sundance, Will Direct Next Feature For Macro
- Cinedigm Acquires Rights To High School Comedy ‘Dear Dictator’
- Ari Sandel To Direct ‘Goosebumps’ Movie At Sony, But Which One?
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening