American networks have been looking to bring the variety format back to primetime, most recently NBC with The Maya Rudolph Show, now they have another choice. ITV Studios America is shopping an U.S. version of the popular ITV program Saturday Night Takeaway. Originally launched in 2002, Saturday Night Takeaway, hosted and executive produced by top British TV presenters Ant & Dec, is one of the most successful entertainment variety shows in the UK. It offers a mix of games, physical tasks as well as pranks that often involve the show’s celebrity guests (watch below a clip with an elaborate prank on TV chef Gordon Ramsay). Audience members are chosen at random to participate in challenges, and viewers at home can be selected to receive surprise visits with the chance to win prizes. After nine seasons, Saturday Night Takeaway went on hiatus in 2009. It came back last year, winning BAFTA for Entertainment Programme and Entertainment Performance (Ant & Dec). The format has local versions in several countries including Germany, Serbia, China and Belgium.
ITV Variety Show ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ Coming To U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom’s Confederate Flag Photos Surface
- White House Dismisses Donald Trump Accusers As Sen. Gillibrand Demands Resignation
- ‘This Is Us’ Creator Dan Fogelman Teases Second Half Of Season 2: Aftermath Of Kevin’s DUI, Adoption…
- Kenya Barris/Alec Baldwin Family Comedy Gets Straight-To-Series Order By ABC
- Ridley Scott’s ‘Strange Angel’, ‘The Orville’ Season 2 & ‘S.W.A.T.’ Among TV Projects Receiving California…
- Comcast Launches Behind-The-Scenes ‘Will & Grace’ Companion Show On X1