American networks have been looking to bring the variety format back to primetime, most recently NBC with The Maya Rudolph Show, now they have another choice. ITV Studios America is shopping an U.S. version of the popular ITV program Saturday Night Takeaway. Originally launched in 2002, Saturday Night Takeaway, hosted and executive produced by top British TV presenters Ant & Dec, is one of the most successful entertainment variety shows in the UK. It offers a mix of games, physical tasks as well as pranks that often involve the show’s celebrity guests (watch below a clip with an elaborate prank on TV chef Gordon Ramsay). Audience members are chosen at random to participate in challenges, and viewers at home can be selected to receive surprise visits with the chance to win prizes. After nine seasons, Saturday Night Takeaway went on hiatus in 2009. It came back last year, winning BAFTA for Entertainment Programme and Entertainment Performance (Ant & Dec). The format has local versions in several countries including Germany, Serbia, China and Belgium.
ITV Variety Show ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ Coming To U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Blake Shelton
- Oscar Nominee ‘Leviathan’ Upset At Russian Film Awards
- ‘Constantine’ & ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Tick Up In Ratings On Quiet Friday
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey’s Angel Drama ‘Unveiled’, Medical Drama ‘Heart Matters’ Get NBC…
- ‘Runner’, ‘Quantico’, ‘Mix’, ‘LA Crime’ & ‘Of Kings & Prophets’ Get ABC…
- ‘Blindspot’ Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti, Martin Gero Gets NBC Pilot Order