EXCLUSIVE: Indie comedy Worst Friends has been acquired by Level 33 Entertainment, which is planning a multiplatform September 16 release. Richard Tanne, Noah Barrow, House of Cards‘ Kristen Connolly, Magic Mike‘s Cody Horn, Geoffrey Arend, and Larry Fessenden star in the pic from writer-director Ralph Arend, who conceived the story with Tanne and Barrow. Tanne stars as self-involved prankster Jake, who’s left in a wheelchair after a car accident with only his childhood friend Sam (Barrow) and his no-nonsense physical therapist (Horn) to care for him. When Sam’s high school crush Zoe (Connolly) moves back to town, old rivalries resurface. Tanne produced for his October County Films banner with Arent, Barrow, and Erika Hampson. Debbie Von Arx struck the deal on behalf of the filmmakers. Tanne is repped by WME and Dobré Films.
Indie Comedy ‘Worst Friends’ Lands At Level 33
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller
- Nick Nolte, Matt Dillon & Emily Mortimer Join ‘Honey In The Head’ Redo