EXCLUSIVE: FilmBuff has acquired newcomer Zach Wigon’s debut feature The Heart Machine, starring Newsroom‘s John Gallagher Jr. and House Of Cards‘ Kate Lyn Sheil. The digital-age romantic thriller stars Gallagher Jr. as Cody, a Brooklynite who begins to suspect that the woman he fell for online, Virginia, might not actually live in Berlin. Wigon wrote and helmed the pic, which debuted in competition earlier this year at SXSW. The Heart Machine is based on Wigon’s award-winning 2012 short Someone Else’s Heart and was completed with the help of a successful Kickstarter campaign. Exec producers are Jay Van Hoy, Lars Knudsen, Jordan Lewis, Abe Schwartz, Andrew Kelley, and Eric Schultz. Paradigm negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers. FilmBuff will release The Heart Machine theatrically and on VOD this autumn. Gallagher most recently starred in SXSW-winning drama Short Term 12 and next appears in upcoming HBO miniseries Olive Kitteridge. Sheil heads next month to the set of sci-fier Equals and will have Sundance pic Listen Up Philip in theaters in October.
FilmBuff Falls For ‘The Heart Machine’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'