EXCLUSIVE: With filming underway in LA, The Woman In Gold has added Frances Fisher to its cast. Fisher, whose ABC freshman hit Resurrection was renewed for a second season, joins Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds, Orphan Black‘s Tatiana Maslany, Daniel Brühl, and Katie Holmes in the fact-based drama about a Holocaust survivor who sets out to retrieve family possessions seized by the Nazis, including Gustav Klimt’s famous painting The Lady In Gold. Mirren plays real-life heroine Maria Altmann, Reynolds stars as her lawyer, and Fisher will play Reynolds’ mother in the film helmed by BAFTA- and Emmy-nominated Simon Curtis. Curtis’ most recent feature was another TWC pic concerning a real-life figure, My Week With Marilyn. BBC Film and Weinstein Company production Woman In Gold was written by playwright Alexi Kaye Campbell and is produced by David M. Thompson and Kris Thykier. Fisher is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency.
Frances Fisher Joins Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds In ‘Woman In Gold’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking
- Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of 'Frozen River' Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search – Update
- Management & Prod. Co LEIBO Launches In L.A.
- Paul Schrader Wages Silent Protest Over Re-Edited 'Dying Of The Light'
- Warwick Davis Back For 'Star Wars: Episode VII' – Video
- 'The Dead Lands' Helmer Toa Fraser To Direct '6 Days' – AFM