EXCLUSIVE: With filming underway in LA, The Woman In Gold has added Frances Fisher to its cast. Fisher, whose ABC freshman hit Resurrection was renewed for a second season, joins Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds, Orphan Black‘s Tatiana Maslany, Daniel Brühl, and Katie Holmes in the fact-based drama about a Holocaust survivor who sets out to retrieve family possessions seized by the Nazis, including Gustav Klimt’s famous painting The Lady In Gold. Mirren plays real-life heroine Maria Altmann, Reynolds stars as her lawyer, and Fisher will play Reynolds’ mother in the film helmed by BAFTA- and Emmy-nominated Simon Curtis. Curtis’ most recent feature was another TWC pic concerning a real-life figure, My Week With Marilyn. BBC Film and Weinstein Company production Woman In Gold was written by playwright Alexi Kaye Campbell and is produced by David M. Thompson and Kris Thykier. Fisher is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency.
Frances Fisher Joins Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds In ‘Woman In Gold’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'