EXCLUSIVE: With filming underway in LA, The Woman In Gold has added Frances Fisher to its cast. Fisher, whose ABC freshman hit Resurrection was renewed for a second season, joins Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds, Orphan Black‘s Tatiana Maslany, Daniel Brühl, and Katie Holmes in the fact-based drama about a Holocaust survivor who sets out to retrieve family possessions seized by the Nazis, including Gustav Klimt’s famous painting The Lady In Gold. Mirren plays real-life heroine Maria Altmann, Reynolds stars as her lawyer, and Fisher will play Reynolds’ mother in the film helmed by BAFTA- and Emmy-nominated Simon Curtis. Curtis’ most recent feature was another TWC pic concerning a real-life figure, My Week With Marilyn. BBC Film and Weinstein Company production Woman In Gold was written by playwright Alexi Kaye Campbell and is produced by David M. Thompson and Kris Thykier. Fisher is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency.
Frances Fisher Joins Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds In ‘Woman In Gold’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update