The franchise sequel had the April 10 date all to itself, but Universal said today that it’s moving the film’s release ahead a week to Easter weekend. Fast & Furious 7 now is set for April 3, which gives it an extra weekend of play before the April 17 debut of Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. F&F7‘s new opening-weekend competition will be Fox romancer The Longest Ride. James Wan is directing this installment of the blockbuster series, which again stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker — in his last film — Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and others, including franchise rookies Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou and Kurt Russell.
‘Fast & Furious 7′ Sped Up By A Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor