The franchise sequel had the April 10 date all to itself, but Universal said today that it’s moving the film’s release ahead a week to Easter weekend. Fast & Furious 7 now is set for April 3, which gives it an extra weekend of play before the April 17 debut of Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. F&F7‘s new opening-weekend competition will be Fox romancer The Longest Ride. James Wan is directing this installment of the blockbuster series, which again stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker — in his last film — Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and others, including franchise rookies Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou and Kurt Russell.
‘Fast & Furious 7′ Sped Up By A Week
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016