The franchise sequel had the April 10 date all to itself, but Universal said today that it’s moving the film’s release ahead a week to Easter weekend. Fast & Furious 7 now is set for April 3, which gives it an extra weekend of play before the April 17 debut of Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. F&F7‘s new opening-weekend competition will be Fox romancer The Longest Ride. James Wan is directing this installment of the blockbuster series, which again stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker — in his last film — Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and others, including franchise rookies Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou and Kurt Russell.
‘Fast & Furious 7′ Sped Up By A Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company