Fifty Shades Of Grey star Dakota Johnson has lined up her next lit to screen project. She’s attached to star in a film adaptation of Forever, Interrupted, the debut novel by author Taylor Jenkins Reid about Elsie, a young woman who elopes after a whirlwind romance and forges an unlikely relationship with her mother-in-law after her husband suddenly dies. Gidden Media’s Amy Baer (Last Vegas) is producer on the novel adaptation, which Johnson will also executive produce. Good Universe’s Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake are also exec producing with John Middleton and Roy Lee. Erin Westerman is overseeing for Good Universe. Jenkins Reid’s novel was published last July by Atria Books and Resolution’s Rich Green negotiated the book deal on behalf of P.S. Literary’s Carly Watters while Peter Sample of Jackoway, Tyerman negotiated the book rights on behalf of Gidden Media and Good Universe. Johnson, a client of WME and Management 360, stars in the just-wrapped Whitey Bulger pic Black Mass opposite Johnny Depp. She’ll hit screens next Valentine’s Day in the anticipated erotic novel adaptation Fifty Shades Of Grey. Jenkins Reid is repped by Circle of Confusion and Resolution.
Dakota Johnson To Star In, EP Romantic Drama ‘Forever, Interrupted’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'