The moppet gang’s slogan in the cult Richard Donner film is “Goonies Never Say Die,” but apparently the film’s cast reunion at San Diego’s Comic-Con is dead on the schedule. One of the organizers for the panel emailed Deadline this morning to say, “Due to talent scheduling conflicts and unforeseen circumstances the panel was cancelled. We are saddened for all our fans, it would have been a truly memorable panel.” It’s a pity considering Goonies alums Sean Astin and Josh Brolin are both scheduled to appear in San Diego for presentations — FX’s The Strain and Dimension’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, respectively. Back in April, Donner casually mentioned to TMZ that a sequel was in the works, though sources close to the project confirmed that nothing was being fast-tracked at this time. Like many reunion panels at Comic-Con, sometimes the intention is to stir up the fans in hopes that their voice will impact the greenlighting of a fave project. The Goonies Never Say Die panel was scheduled for Thursday at 6 PM in the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Indigo Ballroom. Buffy The Vampire actress Clare Kramer was set to moderate.
Comic-Con: ‘Goonies’ Reunion Not Happening In San Diego
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas