The moppet gang’s slogan in the cult Richard Donner film is “Goonies Never Say Die,” but apparently the film’s cast reunion at San Diego’s Comic-Con is dead on the schedule. One of the organizers for the panel emailed Deadline this morning to say, “Due to talent scheduling conflicts and unforeseen circumstances the panel was cancelled. We are saddened for all our fans, it would have been a truly memorable panel.” It’s a pity considering Goonies alums Sean Astin and Josh Brolin are both scheduled to appear in San Diego for presentations — FX’s The Strain and Dimension’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, respectively. Back in April, Donner casually mentioned to TMZ that a sequel was in the works, though sources close to the project confirmed that nothing was being fast-tracked at this time. Like many reunion panels at Comic-Con, sometimes the intention is to stir up the fans in hopes that their voice will impact the greenlighting of a fave project. The Goonies Never Say Die panel was scheduled for Thursday at 6 PM in the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Indigo Ballroom. Buffy The Vampire actress Clare Kramer was set to moderate.
Comic-Con: ‘Goonies’ Reunion Not Happening In San Diego
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: A Best Picture Envelope Disaster Isn’t Enough To Take Away The Triumph Of The Best Academy Awards Show In Many A…
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame