The adaptation of Anne Rice‘s best-seller is set to hit theaters March 23, 2016, the Wednesday before Easter. Christ The Lord is a fictional account of young Jesus as he comes to discover his real identity and the truth surrounding his birth. It was greenlighted during Cannes in May and is set to begin production September 15 in Italy. No cast is in place, but Cyrus Nowrasteh (The Stoning Of Soraya M.) will direct from a script he wrote with his wife Betsy. Enzo Sisti (Passion Of The Christ) is executive producing. The wide-release pic will arrive two days ahead of its weekend competitors Beverly Hills Cop 4 from Paramount and Warner Bros’ Geostorm.
Focus Sets Jesus Childhood Tale ‘Christ The Lord’ For Easter 2016
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'