The adaptation of Anne Rice‘s best-seller is set to hit theaters March 23, 2016, the Wednesday before Easter. Christ The Lord is a fictional account of young Jesus as he comes to discover his real identity and the truth surrounding his birth. It was greenlighted during Cannes in May and is set to begin production September 15 in Italy. No cast is in place, but Cyrus Nowrasteh (The Stoning Of Soraya M.) will direct from a script he wrote with his wife Betsy. Enzo Sisti (Passion Of The Christ) is executive producing. The wide-release pic will arrive two days ahead of its weekend competitors Beverly Hills Cop 4 from Paramount and Warner Bros’ Geostorm.
Focus Sets Jesus Childhood Tale ‘Christ The Lord’ For Easter 2016
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'