Summit has set an April 17, 2015 release date for Child 44, the thriller from Swedish director Daniel Espinosa (Easy Money, Safe House) starring Tom Hardy as Leo Demidov, a Russian secret police officer in 1950s Stalinist Russia who’s framed for treason and sent to a remote outpost, where he uncovers a series of mysterious murders tied to a government conspiracy. Swedish thesps turned Hollywood stars Noomi Rapace and Joel Kinnaman also star along with Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, and Vincent Cassel. Script is adapted by Richard Price from the novel by Tom Rob Smith. The Scott Free and Worldview Entertainment pic is produced by Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer, and Greg Shapiro.
Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace Thriller ‘Child 44′ Gets April 2015 Date
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Yamato
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking