Summit has set an April 17, 2015 release date for Child 44, the thriller from Swedish director Daniel Espinosa (Easy Money, Safe House) starring Tom Hardy as Leo Demidov, a Russian secret police officer in 1950s Stalinist Russia who’s framed for treason and sent to a remote outpost, where he uncovers a series of mysterious murders tied to a government conspiracy. Swedish thesps turned Hollywood stars Noomi Rapace and Joel Kinnaman also star along with Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, and Vincent Cassel. Script is adapted by Richard Price from the novel by Tom Rob Smith. The Scott Free and Worldview Entertainment pic is produced by Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer, and Greg Shapiro.
Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace Thriller ‘Child 44′ Gets April 2015 Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood