AMC Networks completed its $1B acquisition of Liberty Global’s Chellomedia in February. Today, it has announced a re-brand of the group to AMC Networks International. AMC Networks International will also encompass AMC/Sundance Channel Global, which operates in Europe, Latin America, the Mid-East and Asia. “Re-naming Chellomedia is a natural next step as we continue to integrate this portfolio of channels and transition AMC Networks into a global media company,” said AMC Networks COO Ed Carroll. AMCNI consists of six operating units: Asia-Pacific, Central Europe, Iberia, Latin America, Zone (EMEA) and DMC. The latter is a European-based global media technology and distribution company. AMCNI delivers programming to subscribers in more than 140 countries and includes such global brands as Sundance Channel and MGM Channel, as well as local channels across various genres.
Chellomedia Rebranded As AMC Networks International
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest International News
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- 'The Martian' Closing In On $500M Global: How Fox Marketers Brought Ridley Scott’s Cool Science To The Masses
- ‘Spanish Affairs 2’ Is Latest In Euro Culture-Clash Smashes, So Why No Hwd Remakes? – Intl B.O. Postmortem
- Chiwetel Ejiofor To Receive BIFA’s Richard Harris Award