AMC Networks completed its $1B acquisition of Liberty Global’s Chellomedia in February. Today, it has announced a re-brand of the group to AMC Networks International. AMC Networks International will also encompass AMC/Sundance Channel Global, which operates in Europe, Latin America, the Mid-East and Asia. “Re-naming Chellomedia is a natural next step as we continue to integrate this portfolio of channels and transition AMC Networks into a global media company,” said AMC Networks COO Ed Carroll. AMCNI consists of six operating units: Asia-Pacific, Central Europe, Iberia, Latin America, Zone (EMEA) and DMC. The latter is a European-based global media technology and distribution company. AMCNI delivers programming to subscribers in more than 140 countries and includes such global brands as Sundance Channel and MGM Channel, as well as local channels across various genres.
Chellomedia Rebranded As AMC Networks International
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest International News
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment
- Discovery Chief Says U.S. TV Market Is Weakening While Overseas Grows
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide…
- ITV Walking Away From Weinstein Co. TV Deal; What Now For Bob And Harvey?