Veteran filmmaker Michael Apted‘s new documentary focuses on the relationship between the artisans who craft camera lenses and the photographers and cinematographers who use them. Bending The Light features never-before-seen footage from inside a premier Japanese lens factory and delivers interviews with two-time Oscar nominee Stephen Goldblatt, Greg Gorman, Laura El-Tantawy and Richard Barnes. The pic premieres August 3 at at Michael Moore’s Traverse City Film Festival. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: Michael Apted’s ‘Bending The Light’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'