The House Of Cards showrunner is looking to expand his political influence from the White House to the union hall. Beau Willimon is among the candidates announced today for a two-year term on the WGA East Council. Fifteen other candidates also will vie for the seven open Freelance seats including incumbents John Auerbach, Jenny Lumet, Terry George, Richard Vetere, Patrick Mason and Walter Bernstein, the 94-year-old Fail-Safe and The Front scribe who was blacklisted during the 1950s. The other candidates are Kyle Bradstreet, Andrea Ciannavei, Timothy Cooper, Marin Gazzaniga, Chris Kyle, John Marshall, Jo Miller, Oren Moverman, Danielle Paige and George Strayton. The four candidates for the three open Staff seats are Gail Lee, Patrick Mason, Kathy McGee and Cath Twohill. Balloting will begin August 27 and run through September 18. The winners will be announced September 19.
Beau Willimon Among Candidates For WGA East Council
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Business News
- Delaware Judge Clears Way For Sumner Redstone Exam In Challenge To Viacom Board
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- Disney’s Maker Studios Layoffs Underway As Part Of “Strategic Adjustments”
- Lionsgate’s Jon Feltheimer Made $10.9M In Fiscal 2016, Up 61.5%
- “New” Michael Crichton Novel ‘Dragon Teeth’ Coming Out Next Year
- CBS Chief Won’t Talk About Viacom, But Calls His Company “Complete”