The House Of Cards showrunner is looking to expand his political influence from the White House to the union hall. Beau Willimon is among the candidates announced today for a two-year term on the WGA East Council. Fifteen other candidates also will vie for the seven open Freelance seats including incumbents John Auerbach, Jenny Lumet, Terry George, Richard Vetere, Patrick Mason and Walter Bernstein, the 94-year-old Fail-Safe and The Front scribe who was blacklisted during the 1950s. The other candidates are Kyle Bradstreet, Andrea Ciannavei, Timothy Cooper, Marin Gazzaniga, Chris Kyle, John Marshall, Jo Miller, Oren Moverman, Danielle Paige and George Strayton. The four candidates for the three open Staff seats are Gail Lee, Patrick Mason, Kathy McGee and Cath Twohill. Balloting will begin August 27 and run through September 18. The winners will be announced September 19.
Beau Willimon Among Candidates For WGA East Council
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Business News
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- David A. Goodman Elected President of WGA West
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update
- Broadway Trims Sails, Picks Up Speed As ‘Bandstand’ & ‘Groundhog Day’ Depart
- ‘Dragonflight’ Breathes New Life Into VR With Oscar-Winning VFX Team, Former TV Land President Larry Jones