Revealed today at A&E’s Comic-Con panel for Bates Motel is that season 3 will dive more into the story of Norma’s brother, Caleb, as Kenny Johnson is made a regular on the show. Also, executive producers Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin revealed that posh damsel in distress Bradley (Nicola Peltz) — aka the girl who Norman will do anything for — will be returning. “There’s a huge revelation for Norman as he realizes he can do these terrible things,” said Cuse. For the most part the EPs were tight-lipped about major storylines for season 3. Of note, we’ll learn more about Sheriff Romero’s backstory. Rather than treat the crowd to season 3 spoilers, panel organizers found it amusing to have members of the audience arm wrestle Johnson since he’s a champion in the raw sport. The Bates Motel panel featured a couple of silly clips: an Arrested Development-like opening credits sequence for the series as well as a number of offbeat, unhinged auditions of the actors, which are to be featured on the season 2 DVD. Sitting on the Comic-Con panel were Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Olivia Cooke, Nestor Carbonell and Johnson.
Comic-Con: Kenny Johnson Upped to Series Regular & Nicola Peltz Returns To ‘Bates Motel’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- Snow, Ice Impact ‘Focus’, ‘Lazarus Effect’ On Friday – Saturday AM Update
- ‘Focus’ Still Staring At $21M-23.6M Weekend – Friday Afternoon Box Office Update
- Gravitas Ventures Has ‘Apartment Troubles’
- ‘American Sniper’ Poised To Take Katniss Out As Top Grossing 2014 Release – Domestic B.O.
- ‘Insurgent’ Tracking To Post $57M March Opening At Domestic Box Office
- Will Smith Has Upper Hand Over Mr. Grey At Weekend Box Office – B.O. Preview