Revealed today at A&E’s Comic-Con panel for Bates Motel is that season 3 will dive more into the story of Norma’s brother, Caleb, as Kenny Johnson is made a regular on the show. Also, executive producers Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin revealed that posh damsel in distress Bradley (Nicola Peltz) — aka the girl who Norman will do anything for — will be returning. “There’s a huge revelation for Norman as he realizes he can do these terrible things,” said Cuse. For the most part the EPs were tight-lipped about major storylines for season 3. Of note, we’ll learn more about Sheriff Romero’s backstory. Rather than treat the crowd to season 3 spoilers, panel organizers found it amusing to have members of the audience arm wrestle Johnson since he’s a champion in the raw sport. The Bates Motel panel featured a couple of silly clips: an Arrested Development-like opening credits sequence for the series as well as a number of offbeat, unhinged auditions of the actors, which are to be featured on the season 2 DVD. Sitting on the Comic-Con panel were Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Olivia Cooke, Nestor Carbonell and Johnson.
Comic-Con: Kenny Johnson Upped to Series Regular & Nicola Peltz Returns To ‘Bates Motel’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From D’Alessandro
- Jennifer Aniston's 'Cake' Impresses Auds, Bateman: “I Never Knew You Could Do This”
- Christopher Walken On Playing Captain Hook In 'Peter Pan Live!': “It's Intimidating”
- 'Mockingjay' Sings High Abroad, But Why Is Katniss Shooting Low At Stateside B.O.?
- James Corden's 'Late Late Show' Prediction: A Party Every Night Or “A Bleeping Disaster”
- Al Pacino Channels Inner Piano Man In 'Danny Collins' – Hot Trailer