EXCLUSIVE: Dexter alum Aimee Garcia and Episodes‘ Mircea Monroe are set as leads opposite Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land’s single-camera dark comedy Impastor. Written by Christopher Vane and directed by Robert Greenberg, the story centers on Buddy (Rosenbaum), a lowlife on the run from his debts who hides away in a small town by conning its residents into thinking he’s their new gay pastor. Garcia plays Buddy’s put-upon girlfriend, LeeAnne, is a bartender in San Francisco who is used to Buddy leading a chaotic, trouble-jammed lifestyle. A little bored with all the constant upheaval in his life, she dismisses his latest tale of danger and drama. But after Buddy disappears, an apparent suicide, LeeAnne has a new set of problems: dealing with her snarky mother, dealing with the cops, dealing with a funeral director, and (most complicated of all) dealing with Buddy’s criminal creditors on top of the guilt of “abandoning” him. Monroe plays Alexa Cummings, the sexy Head Trustee of Loomis Lutheran Church, who’s instantly attracted to the new pastor in town, Buddy. Alexa’s sophistication hides a mysterious past. Garcia, repped by Dave Fleming at Mosaic, Paradigm and Ginsburg Daniels, recently appeared in MGM’s Robocop. Monroe is with Gersh and LINK.
Aimee Garcia & Mircea Monroe To Star In TV Land Pilot ‘Impastor’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- ‘24: Legacy’ Adds Raphael Acloque & Themo Melikidze
- ‘Serial’ Suspect Adnan Syed Requests Release While Awaiting New Trial
- Fox Buys Legal Dramedy From Carter Covington, Robin Schiff & Jason Winer
- Lady Gaga ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Hits ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ This Week
- CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers