On the heels of unveiling an expansive slate of video game adaptations, drama, comedy, reality, animation and event series, I’ve learned that xBox Studios has put another project in development, scripted comedy East Of Exurbia. Written by Nick Kreiss and Ian Wolterstorff, the project revolves around three guys who try to build a bastion of bro-fueled debauchery in a house that happens to be situated on top of a magical portal to other worlds. The show, inspired by “one of the worst roommate stories ever told,” which originally appeared on BroBible.com, comes from Five All in the Fifth Entertainment and Avalon, with Five All’s Doug Banker and Avalon’s David Martin and Dan Lubetkin executive producing. Kreiss, Wolterstorff and Banker are repped by CAA and Underground, Avalon is repped by Gersh.
XBox Developing Supernatural Bro Comedy
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'