On the heels of unveiling an expansive slate of video game adaptations, drama, comedy, reality, animation and event series, I’ve learned that xBox Studios has put another project in development, scripted comedy East Of Exurbia. Written by Nick Kreiss and Ian Wolterstorff, the project revolves around three guys who try to build a bastion of bro-fueled debauchery in a house that happens to be situated on top of a magical portal to other worlds. The show, inspired by “one of the worst roommate stories ever told,” which originally appeared on BroBible.com, comes from Five All in the Fifth Entertainment and Avalon, with Five All’s Doug Banker and Avalon’s David Martin and Dan Lubetkin executive producing. Kreiss, Wolterstorff and Banker are repped by CAA and Underground, Avalon is repped by Gersh.
XBox Developing Supernatural Bro Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Not Buying What Judith Miller Selling On ‘Real Time’
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'