Warner Bros. announced today that their untitled Whitey Bulger film starring Johnny Depp, also known as Black Mass, will hit theaters on September 18, 2015. Universal’s Jake Gyllenhaal and Jason Clarke true life disaster pic Everest is the only wide-release competition currently slated for that weekend. Scott Cooper (Crazy Heart, Out of the Furnace) is helming the drama about Boston gangster Bulger’s notorious relationship with FBI agent John Connolly, which also stars Joel Edgerton, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jesse Plemons, Sienna Miller, Dakota Johnson, Rory Cochran, Julianne Nicholson, and Adam Scott. Kevin Bacon joined the cast last week as the film continues to shoot through the summer.
WB Dates Whitey Bulger Pic ‘Black Mass’ For Fall 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’
- Studio 8 Gets Into Comic Book Action With ‘Scout’ For Filmmaker Chris MacBride