EXCLUSIVE: Indie action and genre distributor Well Go USA has promoted a new executive duo to its top ranks as the company expands. Doris Pfardrescher will serve as Well Go’s CEO after serving the company for 20 years, most recently as President. In recent years the Texas, Taiwan, and China-based distributor has widened its original focus on Asian and martial arts films to include U.S. and foreign independent films, while launching production arm Caspian Media Capital. Aiding Pfardrescher at the helm of Well Go will be Dennis Walker who moves from VP of Finance and Operations to Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer. Family-owned Well Go was previously helmed by outgoing CEO Annie Walker and CFO/COO Charlie Walker, who will still remain involved with the company. “Doris and Dennis have been working diligently to evolve the Well Go brand, in terms of high-quality films, brand recognition, and finding the correct ventures for future opportunities,” said Annie Walker. “They have consistently provided a bold level of strategic planning for our growth, while remaining committed to daily operational excellence, allowing us to expand into exciting new avenues for years to come.” Pfardrescher and Walker will focus on acquisitions, production, and global expansion following the Cannes acquisition of Wilson Yip and Donnie Yen’s Ip Man 3, Chinese action epic Kundo: Age of the Rampant, and Korean swashbuckler The Pirates as well as Aussie apocalypse thriller These Final Hours.
Well Go USA Promotes Doris Pfardrescher To CEO, Ups Dennis Walker To CFO/COO
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'