EXCLUSIVE: Indie action and genre distributor Well Go USA has promoted a new executive duo to its top ranks as the company expands. Doris Pfardrescher will serve as Well Go’s CEO after serving the company for 20 years, most recently as President. In recent years the Texas, Taiwan, and China-based distributor has widened its original focus on Asian and martial arts films to include U.S. and foreign independent films, while launching production arm Caspian Media Capital. Aiding Pfardrescher at the helm of Well Go will be Dennis Walker who moves from VP of Finance and Operations to Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer. Family-owned Well Go was previously helmed by outgoing CEO Annie Walker and CFO/COO Charlie Walker, who will still remain involved with the company. “Doris and Dennis have been working diligently to evolve the Well Go brand, in terms of high-quality films, brand recognition, and finding the correct ventures for future opportunities,” said Annie Walker. “They have consistently provided a bold level of strategic planning for our growth, while remaining committed to daily operational excellence, allowing us to expand into exciting new avenues for years to come.” Pfardrescher and Walker will focus on acquisitions, production, and global expansion following the Cannes acquisition of Wilson Yip and Donnie Yen’s Ip Man 3, Chinese action epic Kundo: Age of the Rampant, and Korean swashbuckler The Pirates as well as Aussie apocalypse thriller These Final Hours.
Well Go USA Promotes Doris Pfardrescher To CEO, Ups Dennis Walker To CFO/COO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Motion Pictures Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge,' 'Westworld' Among Winners - Full List
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete…
- Richard Schickel Dies: Time Magazine Film Critic Was 84