In February, Warner Bros Television Group said it had entered into an agreement to acquire the businesses of Netherlands-based producer Eyeworks outside the U.S. Today, the studio confirms it has received the required regulatory approvals and has completed the transaction. In yet another instance of key consolidation in the indie TV production space, Warner is buying Eyeworks’ interests in 15 territories across Europe, South America, Australia and New Zealand. The deal adds 13 new markets to Warners’ international network of production companies, helping it establish a strong foothold. Warner Bros is also taking over all of Eyeworks’ international distribution activities for both formats and finished product. Founded by Reinout Oerlemans in 2001, Eyeworks toils in scripted and non-scripted content across a range of genres which air in more than 150 countries. Its credits include Celebrity Splash!, Extreme Weight Loss and Test The Nation. Warner Bros International Television Production, led by EVP Ronald Goes, was originally formed by WBTVG in 2009. It also owns UK production group Shed Media and BlazHoffski in The Netherlands and Belgium.
Warner Bros TV Group Seals Acquisition Of Eyeworks’ Non-U.S. Businesses
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?