EXCLUSIVE: The gestation period for reboots seems to be getting short. Warner Bros in the early stages of launching a new Scooby-Doo. The studio made a Raja Gosnell-directed live-action comedy out of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon that starred Freddie Prinze Jr, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini and Isla Fisher as the young sleuths. The film grossed $268 million worldwide, and Warner Bros and Gosnell made a sequel two years later. Now the studio is starting from scratch, setting Randall Green to craft a new adventure. There are no other attachments at the moment beyond original producer Charles Roven, who will produce this one for Atlas.
Warner Bros Ready To Reboot ‘Scooby-Doo’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'