EXCLUSIVE: The gestation period for reboots seems to be getting short. Warner Bros in the early stages of launching a new Scooby-Doo. The studio made a Raja Gosnell-directed live-action comedy out of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon that starred Freddie Prinze Jr, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini and Isla Fisher as the young sleuths. The film grossed $268 million worldwide, and Warner Bros and Gosnell made a sequel two years later. Now the studio is starting from scratch, setting Randall Green to craft a new adventure. There are no other attachments at the moment beyond original producer Charles Roven, who will produce this one for Atlas.
Warner Bros Ready To Reboot ‘Scooby-Doo’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment
- Warner Bros Pre-empts 'Mack Bolan'; Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips Aboard
- Bart & Fleming: On Robin Williams And Empathetic Star Send-Offs
- Q&A: 'The Giver's Lois Lowry And Phillip Noyce On The Give And Take Between Author And Director
- 'Sin City 2′ To Launch With Tarantino 'Hateful Eight' Teaser