EXCLUSIVE: The gestation period for reboots seems to be getting short. Warner Bros in the early stages of launching a new Scooby-Doo. The studio made a Raja Gosnell-directed live-action comedy out of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon that starred Freddie Prinze Jr, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini and Isla Fisher as the young sleuths. The film grossed $268 million worldwide, and Warner Bros and Gosnell made a sequel two years later. Now the studio is starting from scratch, setting Randall Green to craft a new adventure. There are no other attachments at the moment beyond original producer Charles Roven, who will produce this one for Atlas.
Warner Bros Ready To Reboot ‘Scooby-Doo’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $180M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Jimmy Kimmel On Oscar Hosting: Taiwan President Called To Offer Congratulations
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming
- Pharrell Williams On ‘Hidden Figures’ Hidden NASA History – The Contenders Video
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars