EXCLUSIVE: The gestation period for reboots seems to be getting short. Warner Bros in the early stages of launching a new Scooby-Doo. The studio made a Raja Gosnell-directed live-action comedy out of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon that starred Freddie Prinze Jr, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini and Isla Fisher as the young sleuths. The film grossed $268 million worldwide, and Warner Bros and Gosnell made a sequel two years later. Now the studio is starting from scratch, setting Randall Green to craft a new adventure. There are no other attachments at the moment beyond original producer Charles Roven, who will produce this one for Atlas.
Warner Bros Ready To Reboot ‘Scooby-Doo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story
- Indie Drama ‘Five Nights In Maine’ Acquired By FilmRise