EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) has tapped Spanish helmer Carles Torrens to direct Visceral, a thriller with a story line that’s being kept tightly under wraps. Writer Brant Hughes brought the pitch to Solipsist, whose Stephen L’Heureux helped develop the project. Torrens got the gig after impressing with his Spanish-language horror feature Apartment 143 and LA International Short Film Festival entry Sequence. L’Heureux is producing Visceral, which is eyeballed as a $10M-15M range production and will be filmed in New England. Torrens is repped by UTA, Underground, and Cohen Gardner and Hughes is repped by Zero Gravity.
‘Apartment 143′ Helmer Carles Torrens Gets ‘Visceral’
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’