EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) has tapped Spanish helmer Carles Torrens to direct Visceral, a thriller with a story line that’s being kept tightly under wraps. Writer Brant Hughes brought the pitch to Solipsist, whose Stephen L’Heureux helped develop the project. Torrens got the gig after impressing with his Spanish-language horror feature Apartment 143 and LA International Short Film Festival entry Sequence. L’Heureux is producing Visceral, which is eyeballed as a $10M-15M range production and will be filmed in New England. Torrens is repped by UTA, Underground, and Cohen Gardner and Hughes is repped by Zero Gravity.
‘Apartment 143′ Helmer Carles Torrens Gets ‘Visceral’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking