EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) has tapped Spanish helmer Carles Torrens to direct Visceral, a thriller with a story line that’s being kept tightly under wraps. Writer Brant Hughes brought the pitch to Solipsist, whose Stephen L’Heureux helped develop the project. Torrens got the gig after impressing with his Spanish-language horror feature Apartment 143 and LA International Short Film Festival entry Sequence. L’Heureux is producing Visceral, which is eyeballed as a $10M-15M range production and will be filmed in New England. Torrens is repped by UTA, Underground, and Cohen Gardner and Hughes is repped by Zero Gravity.
‘Apartment 143’ Helmer Carles Torrens Gets ‘Visceral’
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency