EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films (Sin City: A Dame To Kill For) has tapped Spanish helmer Carles Torrens to direct Visceral, a thriller with a story line that’s being kept tightly under wraps. Writer Brant Hughes brought the pitch to Solipsist, whose Stephen L’Heureux helped develop the project. Torrens got the gig after impressing with his Spanish-language horror feature Apartment 143 and LA International Short Film Festival entry Sequence. L’Heureux is producing Visceral, which is eyeballed as a $10M-15M range production and will be filmed in New England. Torrens is repped by UTA, Underground, and Cohen Gardner and Hughes is repped by Zero Gravity.
‘Apartment 143′ Helmer Carles Torrens Gets ‘Visceral’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
- Lionsgate's Codeblack Inks First-Look Deal With Datari Turner
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe