Reese Witherspoon anchors the cast of true-story drama The Good Lie, about three Sudanese orphans who attempt to start new lives in the U.S. with the help of a brash American woman. Real-life Sudanese “Lost Boys” Ger Duany and Emmanuel Jal and Brit Arnold Oceng star opposite Witherspoon and Corey Stoll in director Philippe Falardeau’s pic from Alcon Entertainment, Imagine Entertainment and Black Label Media. Margaret Nagle wrote the screenplay beginning work on it ten years ago , seeing it hit the Blacklist, sit at Paramount for five years before finding life at Imagine and further financing at Alcon/ Black Label Media. Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Karen Kehela Sherwood, Molly Mickler Smith, Thad Luckinbill, and Trent Luckinbill are producers. Andrew A. Kosove, Broderick Johnson, Kim Roth, Ellen H. Schwartz, Deepak Nayar, and Bobby and Deb Newmyer are exec producers. Warner Bros releases The Good Lie on October 3:
Hot Trailer: Reese Witherspoon In ‘The Good Lie’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'