EXCLUSIVE: World premiering in competition this week at the 20th LA Film Fest is Dave Boyle’s Man From Reno, starring Ayako Fujitani (Tokyo!) as a Japanese mystery author who hides out from her latest book tour in San Francisco. She begins an affair with a mysterious Japanese traveler from Reno who abruptly disappears from their hotel, leaving behind a suitcase and a trail of questions. This is Fujitani’s second film for writer-director Boyle (White on Rice, Surrogate Valentine), who last helmed indie drama Daylight Savings and co-wrote Man From Reno with Joel Clark and Michael Lerman. Scarface‘s Pepe Serna and Kill Bill‘s Kazuki Kitamura also star. The Eleven Arts and Tiger Industry Film production is produced by Ko Mori. Check out an exclusive clip:
Hot Clip: ‘Man From Reno’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Yamato
- Judy Greer, Natasha Lyonne Head To Jamie Babbit's 'Fresno'
- WME Signs Joel Kinnaman
- Finance & Production Shingle Vega, Baby! Expands Into Distribution
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'