Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix has added a new credit to his résumé: Associate Producer. He’s come aboard youth leadership project CAMP: The Documentary, which will track a diverse group of 20 teens from across the country who gather in Big Bear, CA, to participate in a transformative weeklong art and leadership project called Camp M.O.R.E. Phoenix, the Be More Heroic org, and The River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding are currently stumping for an Indiegogo campaign to raise a $40K budget with aims to begin filming with DP Bobby Bukowski (Arlington Road, Saved!) in mid-July. Here’s Phoenix’s video appeal in support of the project, which has seven days of crowdfunding to go:
Joaquin Phoenix Throws Support Behind Youth Leadership Docu ‘Camp’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Marcia Gay Harden Signs With ICM Partners
- Fantastic Fest: Drafthouse & FilmBuff Acquire Sci-Fi Horror Romance 'Spring'
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'