Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix has added a new credit to his résumé: Associate Producer. He’s come aboard youth leadership project CAMP: The Documentary, which will track a diverse group of 20 teens from across the country who gather in Big Bear, CA, to participate in a transformative weeklong art and leadership project called Camp M.O.R.E. Phoenix, the Be More Heroic org, and The River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding are currently stumping for an Indiegogo campaign to raise a $40K budget with aims to begin filming with DP Bobby Bukowski (Arlington Road, Saved!) in mid-July. Here’s Phoenix’s video appeal in support of the project, which has seven days of crowdfunding to go:
Joaquin Phoenix Throws Support Behind Youth Leadership Docu ‘Camp’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set