The Weinstein Company is back in business with its Philomena star Judi Dench, who joins the cast of the Justin Chadwick-directed drama Tulip Fever. Dench will play The Abbess of St. Ursula’s, a rescuer of orphan children. Also joining the production, which is currently shooting in the U.K., are Glee‘s Matthew Morrison as drunken bohemian artist Mattheus, Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina) as artists’ model Annetje, and Cressida Bonas as Mrs. Steen, a merchant’s young wife. Alicia Vikander, Dane DeHaan, Jack O’Connell, Holliday Grainger, Christoph Waltz and Zach Galifianakis are already in the cast. Tom Stoppard adapted Deborah Moggach’s popular romance novel and Ruby Films’ Alison Owen is producing. It’s TWC’s tenth pic with Dench, who got an Oscar nom for Philomena. Vikander plays a 17th Century Amsterdam woman who begins a passionate affair with an artist hired to paint her portrait. The lovers gamble on the booming market for tulip bulbs as a way to raise money to run away together.
TWC Taps Judi Dench For ‘Tulip Fever’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike