The Weinstein Company is back in business with its Philomena star Judi Dench, who joins the cast of the Justin Chadwick-directed drama Tulip Fever. Dench will play The Abbess of St. Ursula’s, a rescuer of orphan children. Also joining the production, which is currently shooting in the U.K., are Glee‘s Matthew Morrison as drunken bohemian artist Mattheus, Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina) as artists’ model Annetje, and Cressida Bonas as Mrs. Steen, a merchant’s young wife. Alicia Vikander, Dane DeHaan, Jack O’Connell, Holliday Grainger, Christoph Waltz and Zach Galifianakis are already in the cast. Tom Stoppard adapted Deborah Moggach’s popular romance novel and Ruby Films’ Alison Owen is producing. It’s TWC’s tenth pic with Dench, who got an Oscar nom for Philomena. Vikander plays a 17th Century Amsterdam woman who begins a passionate affair with an artist hired to paint her portrait. The lovers gamble on the booming market for tulip bulbs as a way to raise money to run away together.
TWC Taps Judi Dench For ‘Tulip Fever’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance