The Weinstein Company is back in business with its Philomena star Judi Dench, who joins the cast of the Justin Chadwick-directed drama Tulip Fever. Dench will play The Abbess of St. Ursula’s, a rescuer of orphan children. Also joining the production, which is currently shooting in the U.K., are Glee‘s Matthew Morrison as drunken bohemian artist Mattheus, Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina) as artists’ model Annetje, and Cressida Bonas as Mrs. Steen, a merchant’s young wife. Alicia Vikander, Dane DeHaan, Jack O’Connell, Holliday Grainger, Christoph Waltz and Zach Galifianakis are already in the cast. Tom Stoppard adapted Deborah Moggach’s popular romance novel and Ruby Films’ Alison Owen is producing. It’s TWC’s tenth pic with Dench, who got an Oscar nom for Philomena. Vikander plays a 17th Century Amsterdam woman who begins a passionate affair with an artist hired to paint her portrait. The lovers gamble on the booming market for tulip bulbs as a way to raise money to run away together.
TWC Taps Judi Dench For ‘Tulip Fever’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Brings $49M+ To Pass $100M Worldwide…
- Warner Bros Renews Redbox Distribution Deal With 28-Day Delay
- Weinstein Company Wins 8-Figure U.S. Rights Auction For Matthew McConaughey Starrer ‘Gold’
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?