Brandon P. Bell, Tiffany Lonsdale and Jacqueline Byers will co-star opposite Tricia Helfer and Brian Van Holt in Syfy‘s six-hour event series Ascension. Set aboard the starship Ascension, it centers on hundreds of men, women and children sent on a covert, century-long mission to populate a new world. But as they approach the point of no return 50 years into the journey, the murder of a young woman causes the ship’s population to question the true nature of their mission.Bell, repped by Luber Roklin and Jay Schachter at Abrams Artists Agency, plays the confident and capable First Officer Oren Gault, who was born to maintenance workers on the lower decks. An honest and extremely capable Executive Officer, his mettle is tested when he’s ordered to investigate the murder of a young girl, a job for which Gault thinks he is wholly unprepared. Lonsdale, repped by House Of Reps and Open Entertainment, plays Chief Astronomer Emily Vanderhaus, the murder victim’s older sister whose rocky marriage with Safety Officer Duke Vanderhaus will be put to the test by this family tragedy. Byers, repped by LeFeaver Talent, plays Nora Bryce, who is under intense familial pressure to follow her mother by apprenticing at the medical center but instead finds herself drawn to the Terraforming Department and the promise of building a new world. Angered by the shocking murder a young girl, Nora refuses to let the matter die, and is intensely interested in seeing the killer apprehended.
Trio Join Syfy Miniseries ‘Ascension’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Walking Dead' Producer Among Four Joining AMPAS Sci-Tech Council
- ABC 'World News Tonight' Wins Premiere Week In News Demo; NBC Nightly News Wins With Total Viewers
- Kenny Smith Family Reality Series Joins TBS Starting Lineup
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza