Call it Esquire Network‘s Hemingwayesque answer to Shark Week. The NBCUni cable outlet said today that its first live original broadcast event will be eight consecutive nights of the Running of the Bulls from Pamplona, Spain. The network will go live from 2-2:30 AM ET nightly from July 7-14, with the West Coast getting the potentially gore-y tape-delayed feed three hours later. Wilshire Studios is producing, and Telemundo’s Guad Venegas will host the nightly doings, for which 25 cameras will be set up along the route from the Santo Domingo corral to the Plaza de Toros. It will be the final TV appearance for said bulls — all of which end up getting toreador-ed in the ring.
Esquire Network’s First Live Event Is A Load Of Bulls
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016