The stuntman best known as the scimitar-wielding heavy blasted by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark has died. Terry Richards was 81. During a prolific four-decade career, he took falls is such screen gems as Star Wars, The Dirty Dozen, Brazil, The Princess Bride, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade and nine James Bond film with four 007 actors, ranging from From Russia With Love and Goldfinger to The World Is Not Enough. In the 1997 Bond pic Tomorrow Never Dies, a 65-year-old Richards worked over star Pierce Brosnan in a recording studio. The London native also served as a double for such notables as Donald Sutherland, Tom Selleck and Christopher Lee. “He fought Indiana Jones, James Bond, Luke Skywalker and Rambo,” his son Terry Richards Jr. told the BBC. “There’s not many people who can say that.”
R.I.P. Stuntman Terry Richards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'