Screen Media has taken North American rights to A Good Marriage, adapted by horror maven Stephen King from his own 2010 novella. Anthony LaPaglia and Joan Allen star in the domestic thriller as Bob and Darcy Anderson, a couple whose 25-year marriage unravels when Darcy discovers a shocking secret about her husband. Kristen Connolly and Stephen Lang also star in the pic directed by Peter Askin, which Screen Media will open theatrically and day-and-date on VOD in October in time for Halloween. “I’m delighted that A Good Marriage is going to be available to the movie going public very soon, and hope we can scare the hell out of millions of people. To me, that’s always an exciting prospect,” said King. A Good Marriage was originally published in King’s Full Dark, No Stars collection. The film is produced by Reno Productions’ Will Battersby and Per Melita. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal with Paradigm on behalf of the filmmakers.
Screen Media Acquires Stephen King Thriller ‘A Good Marriage’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s…
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story