Screen Media has taken North American rights to A Good Marriage, adapted by horror maven Stephen King from his own 2010 novella. Anthony LaPaglia and Joan Allen star in the domestic thriller as Bob and Darcy Anderson, a couple whose 25-year marriage unravels when Darcy discovers a shocking secret about her husband. Kristen Connolly and Stephen Lang also star in the pic directed by Peter Askin, which Screen Media will open theatrically and day-and-date on VOD in October in time for Halloween. “I’m delighted that A Good Marriage is going to be available to the movie going public very soon, and hope we can scare the hell out of millions of people. To me, that’s always an exciting prospect,” said King. A Good Marriage was originally published in King’s Full Dark, No Stars collection. The film is produced by Reno Productions’ Will Battersby and Per Melita. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal with Paradigm on behalf of the filmmakers.
Screen Media Acquires Stephen King Thriller ‘A Good Marriage’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?