Comedian and writer Spike Feresten will host Car Matchmaker, a 13-episode series from Relativity TV division Ellen Rakieten Entertainment. Esquire Network has ordered 13 episodes for a fall premiere. The half-hour show centers on Feresten finding a guy in need of a car, getting to know him, then drawing upon his two decades of expertise and instinct to find three different cars perfectly suited to the buyer. At the end of each episode, a car is chosen. “Spike has been his friends’ go-to car buying guy for years, and his passion for and knowledge about cars is truly remarkable,” said Matt Hanna, Head of Original Programming at Esquire. The former Seinfeld writer also hosted, exec produced and co-wrote his Fox late-night show Talkshow With Spike Feresten. Ellen Rakieten is exec producer of Car Matchmaker.
Esquire Greenlights Spike Feresten-Hosted ‘Car Matchmaker’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa