Comedian and writer Spike Feresten will host Car Matchmaker, a 13-episode series from Relativity TV division Ellen Rakieten Entertainment. Esquire Network has ordered 13 episodes for a fall premiere. The half-hour show centers on Feresten finding a guy in need of a car, getting to know him, then drawing upon his two decades of expertise and instinct to find three different cars perfectly suited to the buyer. At the end of each episode, a car is chosen. “Spike has been his friends’ go-to car buying guy for years, and his passion for and knowledge about cars is truly remarkable,” said Matt Hanna, Head of Original Programming at Esquire. The former Seinfeld writer also hosted, exec produced and co-wrote his Fox late-night show Talkshow With Spike Feresten. Ellen Rakieten is exec producer of Car Matchmaker.
Esquire Greenlights Spike Feresten-Hosted ‘Car Matchmaker’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Hulu Renews 'Mindy Project' For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More - Upfront
Latest TV News
- Kate Del Castillo Netflix Series ‘Ingobernable’ To Film In U.S.
- Hulu Confirms Skinny Bundle & Live Nation Concert Deal – Newfront
- Stacey Dash Cast As Chicago Mayor In ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’ Amid Slew Of Cameos
- Telemundo Studios Promotes Two Key Scripted Executives
- Hulu Renews ‘Mindy Project’ For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More…
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm