Michael Brooks, previously SVP Entertainment Programming & Development at BBC Worldwide Productions and Adjacent Productions, has been tapped as SVP Unscripted Programming at Shine America. Part of the 21st Century Fox-owned Shine Group, Shine America’s current shows include MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, Riot, The Biggest Loser, The Face and the upcoming Restaurant Startup and Fake Off. Brooks will manage current production on many of the company’s unscripted series. “With numerous new series in development and the overall growth of our unscripted slate, Michael is a timely and crucial addition to the Shine America team,” said Paul Franklin, EVP Unscripted, to whom Brooks will report. The exec joined BBC Worldwide Productions in 2010 and developed and produced various titles including Top Gear, Breaking Pointe, Mud, Sweat & Gears and Lives On Fire. Prior to joining BBC Worldwide, Brooks produced five seasons of hit reality-competition series Dancing With The Stars and was part of the team that launched the show in the U.S. He was also co-executive producer across the UK’s I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! Brooks began his career in Australia, where he produced a number of successful entertainment and reality shows.
Shine America Names BBC Exec Michael Brooks SVP Unscripted Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest International News
- Hayao Miyazaki Comes Out Of Retirement For New Feature
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog