Michael Brooks, previously SVP Entertainment Programming & Development at BBC Worldwide Productions and Adjacent Productions, has been tapped as SVP Unscripted Programming at Shine America. Part of the 21st Century Fox-owned Shine Group, Shine America’s current shows include MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, Riot, The Biggest Loser, The Face and the upcoming Restaurant Startup and Fake Off. Brooks will manage current production on many of the company’s unscripted series. “With numerous new series in development and the overall growth of our unscripted slate, Michael is a timely and crucial addition to the Shine America team,” said Paul Franklin, EVP Unscripted, to whom Brooks will report. The exec joined BBC Worldwide Productions in 2010 and developed and produced various titles including Top Gear, Breaking Pointe, Mud, Sweat & Gears and Lives On Fire. Prior to joining BBC Worldwide, Brooks produced five seasons of hit reality-competition series Dancing With The Stars and was part of the team that launched the show in the U.S. He was also co-executive producer across the UK’s I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! Brooks began his career in Australia, where he produced a number of successful entertainment and reality shows.
Shine America Names BBC Exec Michael Brooks SVP Unscripted Programming
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest