Michael Brooks, previously SVP Entertainment Programming & Development at BBC Worldwide Productions and Adjacent Productions, has been tapped as SVP Unscripted Programming at Shine America. Part of the 21st Century Fox-owned Shine Group, Shine America’s current shows include MasterChef, MasterChef Junior, Riot, The Biggest Loser, The Face and the upcoming Restaurant Startup and Fake Off. Brooks will manage current production on many of the company’s unscripted series. “With numerous new series in development and the overall growth of our unscripted slate, Michael is a timely and crucial addition to the Shine America team,” said Paul Franklin, EVP Unscripted, to whom Brooks will report. The exec joined BBC Worldwide Productions in 2010 and developed and produced various titles including Top Gear, Breaking Pointe, Mud, Sweat & Gears and Lives On Fire. Prior to joining BBC Worldwide, Brooks produced five seasons of hit reality-competition series Dancing With The Stars and was part of the team that launched the show in the U.S. He was also co-executive producer across the UK’s I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here! Brooks began his career in Australia, where he produced a number of successful entertainment and reality shows.
Shine America Names BBC Exec Michael Brooks SVP Unscripted Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2