The postproduction industy veteran died Saturday of cancer. Ron Silveira spent the past decade at NBCUniversal, where he was VP Universal Studios Digital Services. The unit provides post services for several NBCUni departments including home entertainment, TV distribution and feature marketing. He also did a nine-year stint at the Post Group, where he oversaw its VFX division and digital film group. Silveira also created Momentum Lab, a design group focused on feature titles and commercial work; was involved in establishing the first nonlinear editing systems; and helped develop HD services for film and TV markets, which included a digital intermediate process for creating a digital negative and HD masters from data. He was a former president of the Southern California chapter of post industry trade group ITS., and earlier in his career served as President of Compact Video/Image Transform and President of Unitel Video.
R.I.P. Ron Silveira
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?