The postproduction industy veteran died Saturday of cancer. Ron Silveira spent the past decade at NBCUniversal, where he was VP Universal Studios Digital Services. The unit provides post services for several NBCUni departments including home entertainment, TV distribution and feature marketing. He also did a nine-year stint at the Post Group, where he oversaw its VFX division and digital film group. Silveira also created Momentum Lab, a design group focused on feature titles and commercial work; was involved in establishing the first nonlinear editing systems; and helped develop HD services for film and TV markets, which included a digital intermediate process for creating a digital negative and HD masters from data. He was a former president of the Southern California chapter of post industry trade group ITS., and earlier in his career served as President of Compact Video/Image Transform and President of Unitel Video.
R.I.P. Ron Silveira
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE