The postproduction industy veteran died Saturday of cancer. Ron Silveira spent the past decade at NBCUniversal, where he was VP Universal Studios Digital Services. The unit provides post services for several NBCUni departments including home entertainment, TV distribution and feature marketing. He also did a nine-year stint at the Post Group, where he oversaw its VFX division and digital film group. Silveira also created Momentum Lab, a design group focused on feature titles and commercial work; was involved in establishing the first nonlinear editing systems; and helped develop HD services for film and TV markets, which included a digital intermediate process for creating a digital negative and HD masters from data. He was a former president of the Southern California chapter of post industry trade group ITS., and earlier in his career served as President of Compact Video/Image Transform and President of Unitel Video.
R.I.P. Ron Silveira
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast