EXCLUSIVE: Welsh thesp Craig Roberts (Submarine, Skins, The Double) has landed the lead in Amazon Studios‘ pilot Red Oaks, from Steven Soderbergh and David Gordon Green. He’ll play David Myers, a 20-year-old college student who’s hired as an assistant tennis pro at the predominantly Jewish Red Oaks country club circa 1985 and tries to figure out what kind of life he wants to lead. Roberts had a breakout turn in Richard Ayoade’s Submarine, which nabbed him the London Film Critics’ Young British Performer of the Year Award and the 2012 British Independent Film Awards’ Most Promising Newcomer Award. He’s had a solid summer, turning in a memorable supporting performance as a fraternity pledge in Universal’s Neighbors and appearing in Sony’s current comedy hit 22 Jump Street. He’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment, and Curtis Brown Group in the UK.
‘Submarine’s Craig Roberts Lands Lead In Amazon Pilot ‘Red Oaks’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Garret Dillahunt To Topline Rod Lurie’s TNT Drama Pilot 'Monsters of God'
- Alfred Hitchcock Anthology Series In The Works By Universal Cable Prods & Vermilion
- ‘Damnation’: Lead Aden Young Exits USA Pilot
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’: ‘Hamilton’s Anthony Ramos Cast In Spike Lee Netflix Series
- Dance Drama From Jennifer Beals, Kenny Ortega & ‘Hit The Floor’ Creator Set At Fox