EXCLUSIVE: Welsh thesp Craig Roberts (Submarine, Skins, The Double) has landed the lead in Amazon Studios‘ pilot Red Oaks, from Steven Soderbergh and David Gordon Green. He’ll play David Myers, a 20-year-old college student who’s hired as an assistant tennis pro at the predominantly Jewish Red Oaks country club circa 1985 and tries to figure out what kind of life he wants to lead. Roberts had a breakout turn in Richard Ayoade’s Submarine, which nabbed him the London Film Critics’ Young British Performer of the Year Award and the 2012 British Independent Film Awards’ Most Promising Newcomer Award. He’s had a solid summer, turning in a memorable supporting performance as a fraternity pledge in Universal’s Neighbors and appearing in Sony’s current comedy hit 22 Jump Street. He’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment, and Curtis Brown Group in the UK.
‘Submarine’s Craig Roberts Lands Lead In Amazon Pilot ‘Red Oaks’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'
- Lionsgate Horror Hit 'Saw' Set For 10th Anniversary Re-release
- Walden Media, TWC Pledge Partial 'Giver' Proceeds To Literacy
- 'Nightcrawler' To Close Fantastic Fest 2014; 'John Wick' Joins Lineup
- Samuel Goldwyn To Help Kirk Cameron “Put Christ Back Into Christmas”