EXCLUSIVE: Welsh thesp Craig Roberts (Submarine, Skins, The Double) has landed the lead in Amazon Studios‘ pilot Red Oaks, from Steven Soderbergh and David Gordon Green. He’ll play David Myers, a 20-year-old college student who’s hired as an assistant tennis pro at the predominantly Jewish Red Oaks country club circa 1985 and tries to figure out what kind of life he wants to lead. Roberts had a breakout turn in Richard Ayoade’s Submarine, which nabbed him the London Film Critics’ Young British Performer of the Year Award and the 2012 British Independent Film Awards’ Most Promising Newcomer Award. He’s had a solid summer, turning in a memorable supporting performance as a fraternity pledge in Universal’s Neighbors and appearing in Sony’s current comedy hit 22 Jump Street. He’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment, and Curtis Brown Group in the UK.
‘Submarine’s Craig Roberts Lands Lead In Amazon Pilot ‘Red Oaks’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Yamato
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'
- Fashion Doc 'Dior And I' Catwalks To The Orchard