EXCLUSIVE: Welsh thesp Craig Roberts (Submarine, Skins, The Double) has landed the lead in Amazon Studios‘ pilot Red Oaks, from Steven Soderbergh and David Gordon Green. He’ll play David Myers, a 20-year-old college student who’s hired as an assistant tennis pro at the predominantly Jewish Red Oaks country club circa 1985 and tries to figure out what kind of life he wants to lead. Roberts had a breakout turn in Richard Ayoade’s Submarine, which nabbed him the London Film Critics’ Young British Performer of the Year Award and the 2012 British Independent Film Awards’ Most Promising Newcomer Award. He’s had a solid summer, turning in a memorable supporting performance as a fraternity pledge in Universal’s Neighbors and appearing in Sony’s current comedy hit 22 Jump Street. He’s repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment, and Curtis Brown Group in the UK.
‘Submarine’s Craig Roberts Lands Lead In Amazon Pilot ‘Red Oaks’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jai Courtney Joins Dito Montiel's 'Man Down'
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- 'Midnight Rider': 1st Assistant Director Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'