Starz‘s latest original drama series, Power, premiered on Saturday with 462,000 Live+same day at 9 PM, 1.27 million for the three Saturday night airings and 2.022 million for the nine weekend runs on Saturday and Sunday. That was down from Starz’s most recent debut, pirate drama Black Sails, which launched in January with 846,000; 1.7 million and 2.6 million, respectively; and roughly on par with last August’s opening of limited series The White Queen (416,000 for the premiere airing; 2.1 million for premiere weekend). Before The White Queen, Starz’s original series launched on Friday, not Saturday, making direct comparisons trickier. Like The White Queen, the debut weekend of Power, exec produced by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, included an airing on sister channel Encore, which drew 150,000 extra viewers vs. 500,000 for The White Queen. With that and Power’s multiplatform sampling from the week-long on-demand and online sampling campaign, which yielded an additional 480,000 viewers, the total viewership for the first episode has climbed up to 2.6 million to date. Additionally, the premiere has logged Starz’s youngest demos since Spartacus: War Of The Damned and an evenly balanced gender split (45% Women 18+, 48% Men 18+), which is rare for the male skewing pay cable network.
Premiere Ratings For Starz’s ‘Power’ Down From ‘Black Sails’, On Par With ‘The White Queen’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90