Gaumont International Television, the Los Angeles-based TV production arm of the French film studio Gaumont, has hired veteran production executive Peter Barnett in the newly created position of SVP Production. He will oversee production on GIT’s drama series, including Season 3 of Hannibal for NBC and the upcoming Narcos for Netflix, reporting to head of production Carol Trussell under CEO Katie O’Connell. Barnett has been producing, writing, and developing film and TV projects for over 20 years and has his own banner, Nova Pictures. Most recently, he has worked on Imperia, the Russian story of Catherine the Great, and Enemy In The Heartland, a true story of German POW life in America. He also has produced the web series for The Walking Dead and Heroes. Working with HBO from 1998-2008, he served as production executive overseeing In Treatment and Tell Me You Love Me and was a producer on Arli$$ and the pilot of Eastbound And Down. In addition to his Hollywood career, Barnett is a Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps where he served as a fixed wing and helicopter pilot amassing over 3000 flight hours. He is a recipient of two Air Medals for Heroic Achievement and continues his service as a reserve recruiting officer in Los Angeles.
Peter Barnett Joins Gaumont International Television As SVP Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Katniss Rules Wednesday On Track For $78M-80M 5-Day; 'Good Dinosaur' Eyes $58M-$62M; 'Creed' Punching $39M-$42M
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest International News
- ‘Luther’ Trailer: Idris Elba Returns To Track A New Serial Killer
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul’s ‘Cemetery Of Splendour’ Wins At Asia Pacific Awards
- History UK To Premiere Exclusive Documentary On Paris Attacks
- ‘Star Wars’ An Art House Movie? Some French Exhibs Think So, Stoking Indie Producers’ Ire
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?