Gaumont International Television, the Los Angeles-based TV production arm of the French film studio Gaumont, has hired veteran production executive Peter Barnett in the newly created position of SVP Production. He will oversee production on GIT’s drama series, including Season 3 of Hannibal for NBC and the upcoming Narcos for Netflix, reporting to head of production Carol Trussell under CEO Katie O’Connell. Barnett has been producing, writing, and developing film and TV projects for over 20 years and has his own banner, Nova Pictures. Most recently, he has worked on Imperia, the Russian story of Catherine the Great, and Enemy In The Heartland, a true story of German POW life in America. He also has produced the web series for The Walking Dead and Heroes. Working with HBO from 1998-2008, he served as production executive overseeing In Treatment and Tell Me You Love Me and was a producer on Arli$$ and the pilot of Eastbound And Down. In addition to his Hollywood career, Barnett is a Colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps where he served as a fixed wing and helicopter pilot amassing over 3000 flight hours. He is a recipient of two Air Medals for Heroic Achievement and continues his service as a reserve recruiting officer in Los Angeles.
Peter Barnett Joins Gaumont International Television As SVP Production
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'