EXCLUSIVE: Hot off of his role on HBO’s Game Of Thrones, Pedro Pascal has been set to star opposite Wagner Moura on Netflix‘s drama series Narcos. Written by Chris Brancato and directed by Jose Padilha, Narcos is the true-life story of the growth and spread of cocaine drug cartels across the globe and attendant efforts of law enforcement to meet them head on in brutal, bloody conflict. It centers on notorious Colombian cocaine kingpin Pablo Escobar (Moura) and Javier Pena (Pascal), a Mexican DEA agent sent to Colombia on a U.S. mission to capture and ultimately kill him. Produced by Gaumont and executive produced by Padilha and Eric Newman, Narcos will premiere on Netflix in 2015. Pascal, repped by Innovative and Untitled, just wrapped a major recurring role on HBO’s blockbuster fantasy series Game Of Thrones and also recently recurred on USA’s Graceland and CBS’ The Mentalist.
Pedro Pascal To Star In Netflix Drama Series ‘Narcos’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips