EXCLUSIVE: Following the release of his latest feature, the true story marijuana trafficking pic Kid Cannabis, multi-hyphenate John Stockwell has signed with Paradigm. The actor, writer, director and producer started his career acting in films like Losin’ It and Top Gun, both opposite Tom Cruise, starred in miniseries North and South, and battled a killer car in Stephen King’s Christine. Stockwell’s screenwriting credits include Blue Crush, Rock Star, Under Cover, Dangerously Close, and Kid Cannabis. He also wrote the Emmy-nominated telefilm Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden, episodes of Showtime’s The L Word, and Cheaters. The latter earned Stockwell an Emmy nod for Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries or a Movie. He broke through as a director with 2001’s Crazy/Beautiful and 2002’s surfing pic Blue Crush, following with a run of features behind the camera including Into the Blue, Turistas, Cat Run, and Dark Tide. Stockwell most recently helmed the Gina Carano-starring actioner In The Blood and is currently developing aspirational sports pic Dig for Voltage Pictures.
Paradigm Signs Helmer John Stockwell
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Jena Malone, Riley Keough Hit The Road For 'Lovesong'
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'