After nine seasons as director/executive producer on How I Met Your Mother, Pamela Fryman is joining a new multi-camera CBS comedy series in the same capacity, The McCarthys. Fryman will direct eight episodes of the show’s initial 12-episode order. The McCarthys, from creator Brian Gallivan, Sony TV, CBS TV Studios and Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment, landed a series pickup after retooling the original single-camera pilot from last season into a multi-camera version with a revamped cast, which was directed by Andy Ackerman. Sony TV-based Mike Sikowitz joined the project at the pilot stage earlier this year and will continue as showrunner. Sikowitz, Gallivan, Fryman and Gluck executive produce. The McCarthys revolves around a big, sports-crazed Irish Catholic clan in Boston and the gay son (Tyler Ritter) whose greatest sin is not his sexuality, but his desire to spend less time with his family. This past season, Fryman directed three comedy pilots and was slated to executive produce and direct the HIMYM spinoff, How I Met Your Dad, but had to pull out because of a family emergency. That project is still alive and would possibly undergo tweaks. Fryman is with ICM Partners, which also reps Sikowitz.
Pamela Fryman Joins CBS Comedy Series ‘The McCarthys’ As Exec Producer/Director
What's Hot on Deadline
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…