Oprah Winfrey Network has picked up its Flex & Shanice docu-pilot to series, ordering eight episodes for the fall. The weekly one-hour docu-series follows actor Flex Alexander his wife, ’90s pop singer Shanice, and their two children as they live in a rental home with their extended family – nine in all — to help cover the cost. The program will join OWN’s Saturday lineup; a May 31 preview ranked as the night’s No. 1 rated nonsports cable telecast among African-American women 25-54 and 18-49. “Saturday nights on OWN have become the place to be for viewers seeking great family entertainment,” OWN President Sheri Salata said in today’s announcement. “Flex, Shanice and their big, loud, loving brood are not unlike many families today who have combined resources in order to get through some tough times.”
OWN Orders Eight Episodes Of ‘Flex & Shanice’ After Preview Scores In Target Demos
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'