Oprah Winfrey Network has picked up its Flex & Shanice docu-pilot to series, ordering eight episodes for the fall. The weekly one-hour docu-series follows actor Flex Alexander his wife, ’90s pop singer Shanice, and their two children as they live in a rental home with their extended family – nine in all — to help cover the cost. The program will join OWN’s Saturday lineup; a May 31 preview ranked as the night’s No. 1 rated nonsports cable telecast among African-American women 25-54 and 18-49. “Saturday nights on OWN have become the place to be for viewers seeking great family entertainment,” OWN President Sheri Salata said in today’s announcement. “Flex, Shanice and their big, loud, loving brood are not unlike many families today who have combined resources in order to get through some tough times.”
OWN Orders Eight Episodes Of ‘Flex & Shanice’ After Preview Scores In Target Demos
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV