Open Road Films bought U.S. rights to Little Boy, an inspirational family film directed by Alejandro Monteverde that was executive produced by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett, the EPs behind Son Of God and the MGM/Paramount Ben-Hur remake. Pic’s about the magical story of a 7-year-old boy who is willing to do whatever it takes to end World War II so he can bring his father home. The story reveals the indescribable love a father has for his little boy and the love a son has for his father. Emily Watson, Tom Wilkinson, Kevin James, Ben Chaplin, Michael Rapaport, Cary Tagawa, Ted Levine, David Henrie, Eduardo Verastegui and young newcomer Jakob Salvati star. Pepe Portillo and Monteverde wrote the script. In addition to Downey and Burnett, the producers are Verastegui, Leo Severino, Monteverde, Emilio Azcarraga, Bernardo Gomez, Micky Ohare and Sean Wolfington. Open Road CEO Tom Ortenberg made the deal with Elliott Kleinberg, and Peter Lawson, as well as by Wolfington and Severino on behalf of the filmmakers.
Open Road Adds Roma Downey-Mark Burnett Pic ‘Little Boy’ To Slate
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'
- Toronto: Magnolia, CNN Films Buys 'Sunshine Superman'
- Toronto: Second Jennifer Aniston Pic Catches Buzz North Of The Border