It might be known as the week that saw an earthquake at Fox News Channel as Megyn Kelly beat the almost unbeatable Bill O’Reilly in the key news demo last week. Yes, the 9 PM The Kelly File has topped 8 PM’s The O’Reilly Factor on FNC before both on individual nights and even for a full week. However, those single nights were mainly around the time Kelly’s show debuted in early October last year and on Election Night 2013. The Kelly File beat The Factor during the week of May 5, but O’Reilly himself wasn’t hosting that week. Last week’s victory was the first host-to-host face-off where Kelly came out the winner. From June 2-June 6, Kelly File drew 413,000 adults 25-54. That’s a hair ahead of the 402,000 that O’Reilly pulled in among the demo, but in ratings as in horse races, a win is still a win. Both shows were up from the 344,000 and 370,000 among the 24-54s that they had the previous week, respectively. O’Reilly remained No. 1 with 2.528 million viewers overall compared to Kelly’s 2.434 million. Last week was Kelly’s second best week of the year among the demo so far. For the week of January 27, the host had 440,000 viewers on average among Adults 25-54. With Kelly at No. 1, O’Reilly at No. 2 and Hannity at No. 3 with 340,000 in the demo, FNC held 9 of the Top 10 cable news shows last week, with June 3 encore of Shark Tank on CNBC being the only non-FNC show. The highest rated CNN show was The Sixties docu on Thursday and Friday nights which had 158,000 in the demo.
Fox News’ Megyn Kelly Tops Cable Kingpin Bill O’Reilly For First Time For Entire Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Patten
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit