File this one under winning ugly. Sony Pictures Animation has swung at a pitch for Medusa from Todd Alcott and Holly Golden. Lauren Faust is set to direct a comedic origins take on the hair-o’-snakes woman from Greek mythology who was so hideous that her mere gaze could turn kings to stone. Alcott and Golden wrote the recent thriller The Occupants, and the former also penned DreamWorks Animation’s first film Antz. “I was excited by the idea of showing the comedy behind an otherwise horrific monster, and I was really drawn to the writer’s unique re-imagining of Greek mythology,” Faust said. “In our story, we meet Medusa as a young human, who, like so many of us, is overwhelmed with trying to fit a certain mold to please others.” SPA President of Production Michelle Raimo Kouyate will supervise production along with Jenny Marchick and Daniel Inkeles. The studio credits include the Smurfs and Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs films.
Sony Pictures Animation Courts ‘Medusa’
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Film News
- Pat DiNizio Dies: Smithereens Songwriter-Guitarist And Soundtrack Artist Was 62
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Review: About As Much Fun As You Could Have At The Movies
- ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Team On Creating Intimacy On Screen For Story Of First Love – The Contenders Video
- Jennifer Lawrence To Star In ‘Burial Rites’ With ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Helmer Luca…
- LAPD Opens New Roman Polanski Probe About Alleged 1975 Assault Of 10-Year-Old
- Richard Linklater On Why It Took 10 Years To Get His ‘Last Flag Flying’ To The Screen – The…