Matthew McConaughey this year won an Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club and is a frontrunner for an Emmy nom for HBO’s True Detective. Now he has another honor on the way: today he was named the recipient of its 28th American Cinematheque Award. The benefit gala is set for October 21 at the Beverly Hilton. He follows last year’s honoree Jerry Bruckheimer, the first producer so honored by the nonprofit group, which said McConaughey was a unanimous choice for the honor. That means another one of those patented McConaughey Speeches he perfected during the last awards season, like this one after his Golden Globes win:
Matthew McConaughey To Receive 2014 American Cinematheque Award
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video