Matthew McConaughey this year won an Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club and is a frontrunner for an Emmy nom for HBO’s True Detective. Now he has another honor on the way: today he was named the recipient of its 28th American Cinematheque Award. The benefit gala is set for October 21 at the Beverly Hilton. He follows last year’s honoree Jerry Bruckheimer, the first producer so honored by the nonprofit group, which said McConaughey was a unanimous choice for the honor. That means another one of those patented McConaughey Speeches he perfected during the last awards season, like this one after his Golden Globes win:
Matthew McConaughey To Receive 2014 American Cinematheque Award
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV