TNT kicked off its summer original lineup last night with the third season premiere of Major Crimes and the series debut of Steven Bochco’s new crime drama Murder In The First. At 9 PM, The Closer spinoff Major Crimes drew 5.2 million total viewers, 1.2 million adults 18-49 and 2 million adults 25-54. That was up 3%, 1% and 6%, respectively, from its Season 2 opener. Murder In The First, whose entire season follows the solving of one case, followed at 10 PM with 3.8 million total viewers, 808,000 adults 18-49 and 1.4 million adults 25-54. That was in line with the series premiere of King & Maxwell (3.5 million, 825,000 and 1 million), which followed the Season 2 opener of Major Crimes last year. The P.I. drama was not renewed for a second season. In total viewers, Major Crimes ranks as the No. 1 scripted season premiere year-to-date; Murder In The First as the No. 1 new series launch on basic cable so far this year. TNT is employing an expanded on-demand window for the serialized Murder In The First, with all 10 episodes of the first season made available the day after they premiere on the network through the end of the season. This summer, TNT will air a total of nine scripted original series, including two more new dramas, The Last Ship and Legends.
TNT’s ‘Major Crimes’ Inches Up In Return, ‘Murder In The First’ Premiere OK
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive