TNT kicked off its summer original lineup last night with the third season premiere of Major Crimes and the series debut of Steven Bochco’s new crime drama Murder In The First. At 9 PM, The Closer spinoff Major Crimes drew 5.2 million total viewers, 1.2 million adults 18-49 and 2 million adults 25-54. That was up 3%, 1% and 6%, respectively, from its Season 2 opener. Murder In The First, whose entire season follows the solving of one case, followed at 10 PM with 3.8 million total viewers, 808,000 adults 18-49 and 1.4 million adults 25-54. That was in line with the series premiere of King & Maxwell (3.5 million, 825,000 and 1 million), which followed the Season 2 opener of Major Crimes last year. The P.I. drama was not renewed for a second season. In total viewers, Major Crimes ranks as the No. 1 scripted season premiere year-to-date; Murder In The First as the No. 1 new series launch on basic cable so far this year. TNT is employing an expanded on-demand window for the serialized Murder In The First, with all 10 episodes of the first season made available the day after they premiere on the network through the end of the season. This summer, TNT will air a total of nine scripted original series, including two more new dramas, The Last Ship and Legends.
TNT’s ‘Major Crimes’ Inches Up In Return, ‘Murder In The First’ Premiere OK
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot
- Ex-Playboy Playmate’s Donald Trump Tell-All Gooses Anderson Cooper Ratings