Gravitas Ventures has acquired Manhattan-set comedy The Longest Week, starring Jason Bateman as Conrad, the spoiled 40-year-old heir to a hotel fortune who is cut off from his allowance after his parents’ divorce. Crashing with old friend Dylan (Billy Crudup), he immediately falls for Dylan’s girlfriend Beatrice (Olivia Wilde) and falls headlong into an existential reflection as he tries to keep their relationship and his bank balance secret. Obvious Child‘s Jenny Slate also stars in the pic which marks writer-director Peter Glanz’s debut. Glanz adapted The Longest Week from his own Cannes and Sundance short A Relationship In Four Days. Gravitas has set a September 5 theatrical and VOD debut for the film, which has been likened to the Manhattan-set relationship comedies of Woody Allen, Whit Stillman, and Wes Anderson. YRF Entertainment financed The Longest Week and produced in association with Armian Pictures, Atlantic Pictures, and Far Hills. YRF’s Uday Chopra produced with Neda Armian. Jonathan Reiman, Chris Marsh, Stone Douglass, and Taylor Materne executive produced.
Gravitas Snags Jason Bateman-Olivia Wilde Comedy ‘The Longest Week’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global, Busts China Records; 'Dragonball' Big In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
Game, Set Match? Searchlight Serves Up 'Battle Of The Sexes;' Dayton & Faris Direct Emma Stone As Billie Jean King, Steve Carell As Bobby Riggs
Latest Film News
- Sherwood Forest Crowding: Warner Bros’ Robin Hood Movie Makes Four
- ‘Bloodshot’ & ‘Harbinger’ Ramp Up In 5-Pic Plan Including Crossover ‘Harbinger Wars’
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Review: Marvel’s All-Stars Even Bigger, But Are They Better?
- MPAA Chief Chris Dodd Battles Piracy With ‘WhereToWatch’ Campaign – CinemaCon
- Tom Cruise & Arnold Schwarzenegger Wow Exhibitors As Paramount Brings On The Star Power – CinemaCon
- Johnny Depp In ‘Pirates 5′: Jerry Bruckheimer Tweets First Photo