EXCLUSIVE: After eight years at Universal TV, drama writer-producer Liz Heldens is moving to Sony Pictures TV. In a competitive situation, with multiple studios pursuing, Sony TV has signed a two-year overall deal with Heldens that is focused on development. Heldens is a prolific creator. At Universal TV, she conceived the 2009 NBC 2009 medical drama Mercy, 2013 mystery drama Deception and co-created the network’s summer series Camp. This past season, she wrote the Texas mega-church project Salvation, which went to pilot at NBC with Ashley Judd starring. Before segueing to development, WME-repped Heldens spent three seasons on the NBC/DirecTV critically praised drama Friday Night Lights.
Liz Heldens Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In Season…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…