Veria Living is a fellow health and wellness media company like Live Well Network, the ABC Owned Television Stations’ digital platform that ABC said yesterday it would shutter in January after five years. The move made an impression on Veria CEO Eric Sherman, who teed off on the business. “Beyond any implications about local broadcasting or the future of a multicasting distribution model, what’s most noteworthy is the impact on viewers,” he said in a statement released last night. “There surely is no shortage of options for those interested in adult-themed and salacious programming, yet once again the media world is turning its back on those who desire positive, wellness content.” According to Broadcasting & Cable. ABC did not say how many Live Well jobs might be affected; Live Well’s original programming was produced both by ABC stations and outside stations. “Despite Live Well’s tremendous accomplishments in distribution and original programming, we made a strategic decision that our priority must be local content, and we want to maximize our investment in our core local news brands in the digital space,” ABC Owned Stations president Rebecca Campbell and Live Well VP Peggy Allen said in their statement yesterday. B&C reported that some of the network’s programming might be in line for the new FYI channel (formerly Bio) set to launch next month. Stay tuned.
CEO Calls Out TV Biz After ABC Shutters Live Well
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields
- White House: Those Calling Trump’s Tweet Harassment Have Minds “In Gutter”
- ‘The Punisher’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- ‘City On A Hill’: Jill Hennessy Among Four Regulars Cast In Ben Affleck & Matt Damon's Showtime Drama Pilot