One of the key writers-producers on the recently departed How I Met Your Mother, Kourtney Kang, is staying at the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy, 20th Century Fox TV, with a new overall deal. Under the two-year pact, Kang will join the studio’s new ABC comedy series Fresh Off The Boat as co-executive producer and develop new projects. “Kourtney was a hugely valuable member of the writing staff of How I Met Your Mother since the very first season, so of course we wanted to continue our relationship,” said 20th TV president of creative affairs Jonnie Davis. “She’s a fantastic writer who effortlessly melds ‘big funny’ with ‘heart,’ and we all love her here.” Kang, repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman, started on HIMYM as a writer after the pilot and worked her way up to executive producer. She also co-created and executive produced 20th TV’s comedy pilot for CBS Livin’ On A Prayer with HIMYM creators/exec producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas as well as the show’s writer-producer Joe Kelly.
Kourtney Kang Inks New Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot
- Ex-Playboy Playmate’s Donald Trump Tell-All Gooses Anderson Cooper Ratings
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Dhruv Singh To Star In CBS Comedy Pilot
- ‘Barry’ Review: Bill Hader’s A Hit, Man, On HBO’s New Dark Comedy