One of the key writers-producers on the recently departed How I Met Your Mother, Kourtney Kang, is staying at the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy, 20th Century Fox TV, with a new overall deal. Under the two-year pact, Kang will join the studio’s new ABC comedy series Fresh Off The Boat as co-executive producer and develop new projects. “Kourtney was a hugely valuable member of the writing staff of How I Met Your Mother since the very first season, so of course we wanted to continue our relationship,” said 20th TV president of creative affairs Jonnie Davis. “She’s a fantastic writer who effortlessly melds ‘big funny’ with ‘heart,’ and we all love her here.” Kang, repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman, started on HIMYM as a writer after the pilot and worked her way up to executive producer. She also co-created and executive produced 20th TV’s comedy pilot for CBS Livin’ On A Prayer with HIMYM creators/exec producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas as well as the show’s writer-producer Joe Kelly.
Kourtney Kang Inks New Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres