One of the key writers-producers on the recently departed How I Met Your Mother, Kourtney Kang, is staying at the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy, 20th Century Fox TV, with a new overall deal. Under the two-year pact, Kang will join the studio’s new ABC comedy series Fresh Off The Boat as co-executive producer and develop new projects. “Kourtney was a hugely valuable member of the writing staff of How I Met Your Mother since the very first season, so of course we wanted to continue our relationship,” said 20th TV president of creative affairs Jonnie Davis. “She’s a fantastic writer who effortlessly melds ‘big funny’ with ‘heart,’ and we all love her here.” Kang, repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman, started on HIMYM as a writer after the pilot and worked her way up to executive producer. She also co-created and executive produced 20th TV’s comedy pilot for CBS Livin’ On A Prayer with HIMYM creators/exec producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas as well as the show’s writer-producer Joe Kelly.
Kourtney Kang Inks New Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'