One of the key writers-producers on the recently departed How I Met Your Mother, Kourtney Kang, is staying at the studio behind the long-running CBS comedy, 20th Century Fox TV, with a new overall deal. Under the two-year pact, Kang will join the studio’s new ABC comedy series Fresh Off The Boat as co-executive producer and develop new projects. “Kourtney was a hugely valuable member of the writing staff of How I Met Your Mother since the very first season, so of course we wanted to continue our relationship,” said 20th TV president of creative affairs Jonnie Davis. “She’s a fantastic writer who effortlessly melds ‘big funny’ with ‘heart,’ and we all love her here.” Kang, repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman, started on HIMYM as a writer after the pilot and worked her way up to executive producer. She also co-created and executive produced 20th TV’s comedy pilot for CBS Livin’ On A Prayer with HIMYM creators/exec producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas as well as the show’s writer-producer Joe Kelly.
Kourtney Kang Inks New Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV