Besides star/co-creator Lisa Kudrow, Kellan Lutz and Malin Akerman are probably the biggest names among the alumni of HBO‘s cult comedy series The Comeback. After some juggling, I’ve learned that both are now set to reprise their roles as romantically linked Chris and Juna. None is expected to appear in all six episodes of the follow-up, which is in production for a premiere as a limited series this fall. The original show starred Kudrow as washed-up sitcom actress Valerie Cherish, who gets a reality show documenting her attempt at a career comeback. In the new episodes, Valerie will continue her search to attain the spotlight. Lutz, who has co-starred in two blockbuster feature franchises since Comeback, The Twilight Saga and The Expendables, will reprise his recurring role as Chris, one of the co-stars of Valerie’s comeback sitcom. Akerman, who toplined ABC’s comedy series Trophy Wife this past season, will reprise his regular role as Juna, who plays Val’s niece on the sitcom and sees her as a role model in real life. Lutz, who played the title role in The Legend Of Hercules, and Akerman are with WME; Lutz is also with Zero Gravity.
Kellan Lutz & Malin Akerman To Return To HBO’s ‘Comeback’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate