Besides star/co-creator Lisa Kudrow, Kellan Lutz and Malin Akerman are probably the biggest names among the alumni of HBO‘s cult comedy series The Comeback. After some juggling, I’ve learned that both are now set to reprise their roles as romantically linked Chris and Juna. None is expected to appear in all six episodes of the follow-up, which is in production for a premiere as a limited series this fall. The original show starred Kudrow as washed-up sitcom actress Valerie Cherish, who gets a reality show documenting her attempt at a career comeback. In the new episodes, Valerie will continue her search to attain the spotlight. Lutz, who has co-starred in two blockbuster feature franchises since Comeback, The Twilight Saga and The Expendables, will reprise his recurring role as Chris, one of the co-stars of Valerie’s comeback sitcom. Akerman, who toplined ABC’s comedy series Trophy Wife this past season, will reprise his regular role as Juna, who plays Val’s niece on the sitcom and sees her as a role model in real life. Lutz, who played the title role in The Legend Of Hercules, and Akerman are with WME; Lutz is also with Zero Gravity.
Kellan Lutz & Malin Akerman To Return To HBO’s ‘Comeback’
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Nick Styne Leaving CAA To Form Management/Production Venture
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Heads To New York – Trailer
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year