Kal Penn has been cast in a pair of indie movies to be shot this summer while on hiatus from his new series Battle Creek, the high-profile drama from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and David Shore that CBS has lined up for a midseason bow. Penn has joined Benjamin Fox’s Stereotypically You, playing a serial womanizer in the dating comedy set to start shooting next week in New York. Abby Elliot and Kelen Coleman are also in the pic, produced by writer-director Cox, Tracey Becker and Red Square Pictures. Penn also is set to star in drama Outliving Emily opposite Olympia Dukakis, Louis Zorich, Thomas Mann, Zosia Mamet, Jeremy Jordan, Adam Rose and Luke Brandon Field. The pic is a series of six vignettes based on Eric Weber’s short story about one couple’s tumultuous marriage over half a century. Weber will direct his script, and Josh Sugarman is producing through his Tenafly Film Co. Penn is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
Kal Penn Books Two Summer Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Towards Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival
- ‘Atlanta’s Bryan Tyree Henry Joins ‘White Boy Rick’