Kal Penn has been cast in a pair of indie movies to be shot this summer while on hiatus from his new series Battle Creek, the high-profile drama from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and David Shore that CBS has lined up for a midseason bow. Penn has joined Benjamin Fox’s Stereotypically You, playing a serial womanizer in the dating comedy set to start shooting next week in New York. Abby Elliot and Kelen Coleman are also in the pic, produced by writer-director Cox, Tracey Becker and Red Square Pictures. Penn also is set to star in drama Outliving Emily opposite Olympia Dukakis, Louis Zorich, Thomas Mann, Zosia Mamet, Jeremy Jordan, Adam Rose and Luke Brandon Field. The pic is a series of six vignettes based on Eric Weber’s short story about one couple’s tumultuous marriage over half a century. Weber will direct his script, and Josh Sugarman is producing through his Tenafly Film Co. Penn is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
Kal Penn Books Two Summer Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast