Kal Penn has been cast in a pair of indie movies to be shot this summer while on hiatus from his new series Battle Creek, the high-profile drama from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and David Shore that CBS has lined up for a midseason bow. Penn has joined Benjamin Fox’s Stereotypically You, playing a serial womanizer in the dating comedy set to start shooting next week in New York. Abby Elliot and Kelen Coleman are also in the pic, produced by writer-director Cox, Tracey Becker and Red Square Pictures. Penn also is set to star in drama Outliving Emily opposite Olympia Dukakis, Louis Zorich, Thomas Mann, Zosia Mamet, Jeremy Jordan, Adam Rose and Luke Brandon Field. The pic is a series of six vignettes based on Eric Weber’s short story about one couple’s tumultuous marriage over half a century. Weber will direct his script, and Josh Sugarman is producing through his Tenafly Film Co. Penn is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
Kal Penn Books Two Summer Pics
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV