Kal Penn has been cast in a pair of indie movies to be shot this summer while on hiatus from his new series Battle Creek, the high-profile drama from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and David Shore that CBS has lined up for a midseason bow. Penn has joined Benjamin Fox’s Stereotypically You, playing a serial womanizer in the dating comedy set to start shooting next week in New York. Abby Elliot and Kelen Coleman are also in the pic, produced by writer-director Cox, Tracey Becker and Red Square Pictures. Penn also is set to star in drama Outliving Emily opposite Olympia Dukakis, Louis Zorich, Thomas Mann, Zosia Mamet, Jeremy Jordan, Adam Rose and Luke Brandon Field. The pic is a series of six vignettes based on Eric Weber’s short story about one couple’s tumultuous marriage over half a century. Weber will direct his script, and Josh Sugarman is producing through his Tenafly Film Co. Penn is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
Kal Penn Books Two Summer Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster